Cooking Time:1 1/2 - 2 hours
Ingredients1 1/2 c. cheddar cheese, grated and divided
9 oz. pkg. frozen spinach, thawed and drained
1 c. white bread, cubed
1 c. fresh button mushrooms, sliced
1/2 c. greeen onions, thinley sliced
1 1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. heavy cream
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp. garlic powder
- Lightly coat your slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Scatter half of the cheese in the bottom of the slow cooker, and layer the spinach, bread, mushrooms and green onions over the cheese.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cream, salt, pepper and garlic powder until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the egg batter over the layered mixture. DO NOT STIR OR MIX.
- Sprinkle the remaining chees over the top.
- Cover. Cook on High 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours.
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!
The directions call for cream, but I don’t see cream in the ingredient list?
Hello… So sorry I missed this in the recipe, but I have corrected. Thank you and Happy Crocking!
what size crock pot are you using for your recipes? i can’t wait to try this one (and several others!) 😉 thx
What size crock pot is this for? Also if doubling this recipe do you think cook time will double (new to crock potting!)
Hi Kathleen… although I haven’t doubled this recipe I would think a 6 quart crock pot should work, and should crock in the same length of time, but you might allow for an extra half hour just in case! Thanks for the question, and Happy Crocking!
I might be blind, but how many servings is this? Looks tasty!
Hi Lindsay, the serving size of the recipes will be in the upper right hand corner of the page. But I am happy to share with you that it serves 4-6! Enjoy and Happy Crocking!
Can this be cooked on low instead? Double the time?
Brianna I have not made this on Low, but I believe it will work, but do check it after about 3 hours! Happy Crocking!
[…] Breakfast in your Crock Pot! Cinnamon Rolls Apple Oatmeal Breakfast Casserole Granola Breakfast Casserole Brunch Florentine […]
Would this work with broccoli instead of spinach?
Hi Amy, I would think it would be delish with broccoli! The fun of crocking is changing things up to your liking. Please share after you have made this recipe with all of us. Happy Crocking!