Cooking Time:7-8 hours
Ingredients2 lb. beef chuck, boneless shoulder roast
40 oz. sweet potatoes, canned and drained
2 onions, small, sliced
2 apples, cored, sliced
1/2 c. beef broth
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. dried thyme
3/4 tsp. black pepper, divided
1 T. cornstarch
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
2 T. cold water
4 oz. Mushrooms (Optional) (Fresh sliced or canned)
- Beef trimmed of fat and cut into 2-inch pieces.
- Put beef, sweet potatoes, onions, apples, beef broth, garlic, salt, 1/2 tsp. thyme, 1/2 tsp. pepper (optional) mushrooms in slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 7-8 hrs.
- Transfer beef, sweet potatoes, and apples to platter, keep warm.
- Let liquid stand 5 minutes. Skim off fat.
- In a bowl, combine cornstarch, remaining 1/2 tsp. thyme, 1/4 tsp. pepper, cinnamon, and water, stir into liquid in slow cooker.
- Cook liquid an additional 15 minutes or until thickened. Serve sauce with beef, potatoes, and apples.
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!
Can fresh sweet potatoes be used if more broth or liquid is added. My slow cooker cooks quite hot and am afraid the canned ones will just be mush. Are the canned ones sweetened?