Cooking Time:7-8 hours
Ingredients2 lb. beef chuck, boneless shoulder roast
40 oz. sweet potatoes, canned and drained
2 onions, small, sliced
2 apples, cored, sliced
1/2 c. beef broth
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. dried thyme
3/4 tsp. black pepper, divided
1 T. cornstarch
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
2 T. cold water
4 oz. Mushrooms (Optional) (Fresh sliced or canned)
- Beef trimmed of fat and cut into 2-inch pieces.
- Put beef, sweet potatoes, onions, apples, beef broth, garlic, salt, 1/2 tsp. thyme, 1/2 tsp. pepper (optional) mushrooms in slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 7-8 hrs.
- Transfer beef, sweet potatoes, and apples to platter, keep warm.
- Let liquid stand 5 minutes. Skim off fat.
- In a bowl, combine cornstarch, remaining 1/2 tsp. thyme, 1/4 tsp. pepper, cinnamon, and water, stir into liquid in slow cooker.
- Cook liquid an additional 15 minutes or until thickened. Serve sauce with beef, potatoes, and apples.