Cooking Time:4-6 hours
Ingredients6 oz. package frozen Chinese pea pods, partially thawed
1 red bell pepper, cut in 1/2 inch chunks
13 oz. can juice-pack pineapple chunks or tidbits (drain and reserve juice)
2 T. cornstarch
3 T. granulated sugar
1 chicken bouillon cube
1 c. boiling water
1/2 c. reserved pineapple juice
2 tsp. soy sauce
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
2 (4 1/2 oz.) cans shrimp, rinsed and drained
2 T. cider vinegar
1/2 c. scallions, diced
1 T. Oil
1/2 tsp. salt
1 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp. ginger, minced
- Place pea pods, red bell pepper and drained pineapple in slow cooker.
- In a small saucepan, stir together cornstarch and sugar.
- Dissolve bouillon cube in boiling water and add with juice, soy sauce and ginger to saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring, and cook sauce for about 1 minute or until thickened and transparent. Gently blend sauce into pea pods and pineapple.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 4 to 6 hours.
- Peel and devein the shrimp about 45 minutes before the above is .
- Combine garlic, ginger, oil and salt and cover shrimp.
- Set aside to marinate for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
Note: Before serving, add shrimp, scallions and vinegar, stirring carefully to avoid breaking up shrimp. Let cook for about 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
Serve over hot rice.
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!