Cooking Time:4-6 hours
Ingredients6 oz. package frozen Chinese pea pods, partially thawed
1 red bell pepper, cut in 1/2 inch chunks
13 oz. can juice-pack pineapple chunks or tidbits (drain and reserve juice)
2 T. cornstarch
3 T. granulated sugar
1 chicken bouillon cube
1 c. boiling water
1/2 c. reserved pineapple juice
2 tsp. soy sauce
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
2 (4 1/2 oz.) cans shrimp, rinsed and drained
2 T. cider vinegar
1/2 c. scallions, diced
1 T. Oil
1/2 tsp. salt
1 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp. ginger, minced
- Place pea pods, red bell pepper and drained pineapple in slow cooker.
- In a small saucepan, stir together cornstarch and sugar.
- Dissolve bouillon cube in boiling water and add with juice, soy sauce and ginger to saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring, and cook sauce for about 1 minute or until thickened and transparent. Gently blend sauce into pea pods and pineapple.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 4 to 6 hours.
- Peel and devein the shrimp about 45 minutes before the above is .
- Combine garlic, ginger, oil and salt and cover shrimp.
- Set aside to marinate for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
Note: Before serving, add shrimp, scallions and vinegar, stirring carefully to avoid breaking up shrimp. Let cook for about 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
Serve over hot rice.