Cooking Time:7 hours
Ingredients4 lb. rump roast
10.5 oz. can beef broth
10.5 oz. can condensed French onion soup
12 fluid oz. can or bottled beer
6 French rolls
2 T. butter
A reader recently asked for advice on what to make with a large rump roast that she had on hand and didn’t know what to do with it. This recipe for Slow Cooker French Dip came right to mind because everyone loves it! When I haven’t made this for a while my husband will start dropping subtle hints…last time a rump roast showed up in my frig (NOT so subtle that time!) I hope you love this as much as my family!
- Trim excess fat from the rump roast, and place in a slow cooker.
- Add the beef broth, onion soup and beer.
- Cover. Cook on Low setting for 7 hours.
- Turn slow cooker off and let beef rest for at least 15 minutes before slicing.
- Place buttered split rolls in a toaster oven and brown.
- Place sliced beef in each roll. (Optional: Top with provolone or Swiss cheese)
- Serve with the sauce from the slow cooker for dipping.
Note: Feel free to “doctor” these to your liking. I have also served with horseradish sauce!