Cooking Time:4-6 hours on Low or 2-3 hours on High
Ingredients1 lg. onion, chopped
2 med. carrots, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
16 oz. lump crabmeat, shredded
10 oz. pkg. of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 T. fresh oregano, minced
2 T. fresh Italian parsley, minced
1 T. fresh thyme, minced
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. fresh ground pepper
10 oz. pkg. broad lasagna noodles, cooked and cut into thirds
2 T. margarine, melted
2 T. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
1 c. nonfat milk
2 c. lowfat mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
12 oz. carton nonfat cottage cheese
Surprisingly low in fat, everone will love this yummy Slow Cooker Crab and Spinach Lasagna.
- In a medium skillet, saute the onion, carrots and garlic until tender.
- Add the crabmeat and spinach, and season with the oregano, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Transfer the crab mixture to the slow cooker.
- Add the cooked lasagna noodles per instructions cut into thirds, and mix well to combine.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the margarine, flour, salt, milk, 1 c. of mozzarella cheese, and the cottage cheese.
- Stir and blend for 2 minutes.
- Pour the white sauce over the lasagna in the stoneware of the slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low 4-6 hours or on High for 2-3 hours.
- Thirty minutes before the end of cooking, top the lasagna with the remaining mozzarella cheese and turn on High.