Cooking Time:30 minutes
Ingredients4 lg. baked potatoes
2/3 c. butter
2/3 c. flour
6 c. milk, whole or 2%
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
4 green onions, chopped
12 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1 c. (8 oz.) sour cream
Slow Cooker Baked Potato Soup is a great recipe to use up those left over baked potatoes.
- Cut baked potatoes in half. Scoop out pulp and put into a small bowl.
- Melt butter in large kettle. Add flour. Gradually stir in milk. Continue to stir until smooth, thickened, and bubbly.
- Stir in potato pulp, salt, pepper, and three quarters of the onion, bacon and cheese.
- Cook until heated. Stir in sour cream.
- Transfer to slow cooker on Low.
- Top with remaining onions, bacon, and cheese.
Note: Take to any potluck, or serve on a buffet table, straight from the slow cooker.
Variation: Add several slices of Velveeta cheese to make the soup extra cheesy and creamy.