Cooking Time:4-5 hours
Ingredients2 containers of refrigerated crescent rolls.
2-3 granny smith apples
1 stick of butter
1 c. white sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 c. Mountain Dew
Slow Cooker Apple Dumplings are delicious and a dish that will “wow” your family. This is a good one to let the kiddos help prepare as it’s easy and yummy!
- Spray your crock insert with cooking spray or use a slow cooker liner.
- Unroll the triangles and fill each one with an apple slice or two and roll back up.
- Arrange the dumplings in the slow cooker, laying them on top of each other.
- Melt the stick of butter in the microwave, and stir in the cup of sugar, and the cinnamon and vanilla. Pour over the dumplings, making sure to get the mixture down between all the dumplings.
- Add 1 cup of Mountain Dew, pouring over the top.
- Cover, but prop the lid open with a tooth pick, spoon or rolled up piece of foil and cook on High for 4-5 hours, or until the dough is brown and cooked through.
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!
Is using Diet Mt. Dew with this recipe ok?
Hi Shannon! Great question, and yes Diet is fine it is more for the liquid and the taste! Happy Crocking!
Can we use anything other than Mt Dew? We dont do anything with high fructose corn syrup in our family.
Hi Diane, most soda are high in fructose, but there are some at places like Trader Joes such as a Ginger Ale, that has sugar instead of the fructose syrup! Check them out the next time you are out! You would still want a clear soda! Hope this helps and Happy Crocking!
This sounds great! I was just thinking that I am a little excited for fall bc that’s when I really start to use my crockpot. The Mt. Dew is really interesting. I am going to try it. I bet the ginger ale (like someone said) would be delicious too. The ginger ale flavors would go really well with apples. Thanks for posting. Can’t wait to try this!
Can you make your own dough? Crescents have Trans fat, last time I checked. Will it work with homemade dough or pizza dough from my favorite local restaurant? Thanks!
[…] Apple Dumplings […]
whats cans of cresant rolls we in Nz are you .
what size crockpot did you use for this? I have a 3 qt. and a 6 qt.
Darlene, I used my 4 qt crock pot with this recipe, but I am sure it will still work with your 3 qt. The key is to have a crock pot 1/2 to 2/3 full to make sure it cooks properly. Hope this helps and happy crocking!
Do you think you could cook these on low, overnight? You know, for a healthy breakfast in the morning? 🙂
Dorothy I have not crocked them on Low before, but I believe this is a recipe that could crock of Low. I would only let them crock about 7 hours on Low, before checking, as I wouldn’t want it to burn on you. Please give us feedback on how your dumplings turned out. Happy Crocking!
[…] Apple Dumplings […]
What size cans of crescents? I have 8 count.
I just noticed it says 8 servings, so I guess you mean 2, 4 count cans.
I made this recently, and parts of it became like hard candy. It suck on the crock, making it hard to clean. Yes, I sprayed the crock with Pam, and followed the directions.