Cooking Time:2-3 hours
1/2 c. prepared pesto sauce
1/2 sp. salt
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
4 - 6 oz. salmon fillets
This is a perfect blend for salmon, pesto sauce and lemon. Serve with wild rice to complement the salmon.
- Lightly coat the slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Cut the lemon in half. Slice one half of the lemon into thin slices and reserve.
- Squeeze the juice of the other lemon half into a small bowl and blend with the pesto, salt and pepper.
- Whisk to combine.
- Place the salmon in the stoneware of the slow cooker and cover the fillets with the pesto mixture.
- Top each fillet with the lemon slices.
- Cover. Cook on Low 2-3 hours.
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!
Did not change a thing. This salmon was so good and I was afraid to put such expensive fish in the crock pot. Turned out sooooo good. Loved the pesto and lemon.
Was the cooking time of 2 hours enough or needs longer?
Hello Darcie! It was long enough, but certainly everyone’s crock pot cooks differently, therefore you should test it! Happy Crocking!
Can you use other types of fish for this?
Hi Robyn, Thank you for your question. Yes, please make this recipe your own, and if you desire different spices you should change it up!
Do I need to use fresh salmon only or will frozen fillets work as well?