Cooking Time:1 - 1 1/2 hours
Ingredients2 - 14 oz. packages caramel candies
1/4 c. water
8 Granny Smith apples
Crushed nuts, mini chocolate chips, or other toppings of your choice
This is a favorite of the kids and we always make these prior to Halloween or any fall gatherings with friends. Everyone loves Slow Cooker Caramel Apples!
- Remove wrappers from caramels and place with water in a 2-3 Quart slow cooker.
- Cover & Cook on High for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Wash and dry apples.
- Remove stems from apple and insert stick into stem end. (You can find the sticks HERE or a local craft store.)
- Turn slow cooker to Low.
- Dip apples into the hot caramel sauce.
- If you want to add toppings like crushed nuts or chocolate chips, do so as soon as you dip them, while the caramel is still hot.
- Place on greased wax paper to cool and harden.
For over 400 more recipes, click here to get the GetCrocked eBook.