Cooking Time:6-7 hours
Ingredients1 package (30 ounces) frozen hash browns, unthawed
2 packages (9.6 ounces each) fully cooked refrigerated pork sausage breakfast links, sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
1 c. chopped onion
2/3 c. chopped green bell pepper
1-1/2 c. pre-shredded cheddar cheese
1-1/4 c. milk
2 tsp. chili powder
2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
8 oz. jar prepared salsa
- Place unopened bag of frozen hash browns on a work surface and press on bag to loosen potato pieces and eliminating any large chunks.
- Scatter 1/3 of the frozen potatoes into a 6-quart slow cooker. In order, top with 1/3 of the sliced sausage, 1/3 of the onion, 1/3 of the green pepper, and 1/3 of the cheese. Repeat to make 3 layers, starting with potatoes and ending with cheese.
- Whisk eggs in a large mixing bowl. Add milk, chili powder, salt, and pepper, and whisk to blend well. Slowly pour milk mixture evenly over top of potato mixture, allowing it to soak in.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6–7 hours, or until the sausage is golden brown and mixture is set, but still creamy.
- Scoop up servings of casserole and place on serving plates.
Serve with salsa alongside, and pass any remaining salsa.