Cooking Time:2 1/2 to 3 hours
Ingredients1/2 c. oil
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar, packed
15 oz. canned pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie mix)
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 & 1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. allspice (or sub 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. nutmeg, 1/4 tsp. cloves)
My favorite time of the year, and when I smell the wonderful aroma of pumpkin and cinnamon from the kitchen I can’t help but to get excited!
- Combine the “wet” ingredients in a medium sized bowl – oil, eggs and pumpkin.
- Stir in sugars.
- In another bowl, combine the remaining dry ingredients.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just blended.
- Pour the batter into a buttered bread pan.
- Place the loaf pan on a wire rack in a 6-Quart or larger slow cooker. If your slow cooker doesn’t have a wire rack insert, crumple foil to sit between the bottom of the slow cooker and the bread pan (to prevent burning.)
- Place a paper towel over the slow cooker and top with the lid.
- Cook on High for 3 hours or until a knife comes out clean when testing the bread.