Cooking Time:1 hour on High, and 3 hours and 45 minutes on Low
Ingredients2 lbs. ground round
1 c. ketchup, divided
1 1/2 oz. package meat loaf seasoning
3/4 c. fine, dry bread crumbs (store-bought)
2 eggs, large
1 c. (4 oz.) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
2 tsp. prepared mustard
- Combine beef, 1/2 cup ketchup, and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl; shape mixture in a 5-inch by 7-1/2-inch loaf. Place loaf in a lightly greased 3-quart oval slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on High for 1 hour. Reduce heat to Low, and cook 3 hours.
- Remove crock from cooker, and carefully pour grease off meat loaf; return crock to cooker.
- Stir together remaining 1/2 cup ketchup and the mustard in a small bowl; spread over meat loaf.
- Cover. Continue to cook on Low for 45 more minutes or until thermometer inserted into meat loaf registers 160 degrees.
- Remove meat loaf from slow cooker, and let stand 10 minutes before serving.