Cooking Time:24 hours
Ingredients5 lb. beef rump roast
2 c. water
1 pkg. au jus gravy mix
1 pkg. Italian salad dressing mix
8 oz. hot cherry peppers, drained and quartered (optional)
4 oz. pimentos, diced (optional)
8 Rolls, Italian
This recipe is great as you can make it ahead and give you time to prepare everything else, and NEVER a disappointment…. so so YUMMY!
- Place roast in a 6 qt. slow cooker.
- Combine water, gravy mix and dressing mix.
- Pour over roast in slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low 12-15 hours.
- Remove roast and shred with 2 forks, forming strings.
- Add optional hot cherry peppers and/or pimentos.
- Cover. Cook on Low an additional 10-12 hours.
Serve on crusty Italian rolls, or rolls of your choice!
Note: Top with Provolone Cheese or cheese of your choice!
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!
Giardiner is great on Italian sausage and roast beef.
I’ve used a lot of your recipes in the past, so I’m trusting you on the 24 hours of cooking.This sounds really yummy, and sure to make the house smell really nice!
You won’t go wrong with this recipe Patricia! YUMMY!