Cooking Time:11 hours
Ingredients5 lb. Beef Roast
4 oz. package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
16 oz. Jar Sliced Pepperoncini Peppers
10 oz. Chicken Broth
10 oz. Beef Broth
Provolone Cheese and Hoagie Rolls, suggested for serving
This recipe for Slow Cooker Pepperoncini Peppers Beef Roast makes the best sandwiches. I have spent a lot of time in Chicago, where my family eats Italian beef sandwiches all the time — this is my version!
- Place beef roast in slow cooker.
- Sprinkle onion soup mix and pour beef and chicken broth over roast.
- Pour entire jar of pepperoncini peppers w/juice over beef roast.
- Cover. Cook on low for 10 hours.
- Remove roast and shred. Return to slow cooker and stir to combine with juices.
- Serve on toasted hoagie rolls topped with provolone cheese. (I like to serve au jus on the side, too!)