Cooking Time:4-5 hours
Ingredients9 oz. bottle sweet and sour sauce
1/3 c. pineapple juice
1/3 c. brown sugar
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
dash white pepper
2 T. milk
1 egg, beaten
1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs
1/8 tsp. ginger
1/2 c. ground fully cooked ham
1/2 lb. ground pork
2 T. olive oil
So Good! Love the blend of flavors in the Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Ham Balls. AWESOME!
- Combine sweet and sour sauce, juice, brown sugar, ginger, and white pepper in 3-4 quart slow cooker.
- Separately, combine milk and egg and beat well to mix. Add graham cracker crumbs and ginger, mix well.
- Add ground ham and ground pork and mix well. Shape into meatballs slightly smaller than a golf ball.
- Brown meatballs in the olive oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Transfer meatballs to sauce mixture in slow cooker as the meatballs brown.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 4-5 hours.
- Keep warm on Low for up to 2 hours, or set on warm on your slow cooker.
For over 400 more recipes, click here to get my eBook “Get Crocked: The Definitive Guide to Slow Cooking”
Could you use the frozen meatballs with this ?
Hi Tammy – I haven’t used frozen meatballs for this recipe but you could certainly do that if you prefer frozen meatballs to homemade. Happy Crocking!
Hi, love this recipe! Question: how many balls in a serving for the nutritional content listed? Thanks so much!
Hi Christine the nutrition facts are based on the ingredients in the recipe, as everyone can make different size ham balls. Happy Crocking!