Cooking Time:8-10 hours
Ingredients1 medium-size cabbage cut into large chunks
2-3 carrots, sliced
1 onion, sliced
2-3 potatoes, cut into large cubes
2 bay leaves
4 lb. smoked ham
½ c. water
½ c. brown sugar
1 tsp. dry mustard
- Place vegetables and bay leaves in bottom of slow cooker. (Note: Soften the potatoes and carrots in the microwave for 5 minutes before adding them to the crock)
- Place ham on top and pour water over it.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar and then dry mustard over ham.
- Cover. Cook on low 8-10 hours.
- Remove bay leaves and pour juices over ham and vegetables before serving.
For over 400 more recipes, click here to get our eBook!
You lost me at “microwave”. Sorry, just not a healthy choice. Don’t even own one. I’m looking forward to looking over some of your other recipes
Melissa you an always place the veggies in a pan of water on top of the stove for a few minutes to soften them too.
omg get over it and get out of your shell you think microwaves are bad lord help your mind
I have to say the veggies may indeed be mush if you are cooking the ham for 8-10 hours. I had a recipe some time ago where the veggies were added half way through the cooking (slow) and it was great. I also agreed with the negative on micro-wave of veggies. Those of us who are really good cooks really go for flavor and seasoning…..enough said.