Cooking Time:4-6 hours on High or 8-10 hours on Low
Ingredients4 lbs. Pork Shoulder or Butt
14 oz. Beef Broth
1 Large White Onion, sliced
16 oz. BBQ Sauce
My family has grown to love this recipe for Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork. It’s easy, flavorful, and leftovers are always plentiful! This recipe is derived from one shared by a Facebook follower, Alison T. Thank you Alison for sharing your recipe.
- Rinse & dry off pork with a paper towel. Place the pork in a 6 quart slow cooker.
- Scatter onions over top of the pork.
- Pour broth over top of the pork and onions
- Cover & Crock on HIGH for 4-6 hours or on LOW for 8-10 hours.
- Remove pork from slow cooker and shred with two forks. Chop onions into smaller pieces.
- Discard fat/bone/gristle/broth.
- Return the meat and onions to the slow cooker.
- Add the BBQ sauce of your choice until the meat reaches your desired degree of wetness (For a 5 lb. butt, I use a 16 oz bottle of Sweet Baby Ray’s.)
- Heat to serving temp and serve on sesame seed buns or hoagie rolls.
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!
Delicious, thanks. My family loved this and so did I! 😉
This sounds delicious and very easy to make. I really hope the nutrition facts are wrong though…276g of cholesterol per serving? That can’t be right.
Thanks Adam for your post, you caught me in an oops!…as I believe I failed to put in the number of servings, so I hope the new nutrition numbers look better. 🙂 Thank YOU!
My husband and I made this for dinner tonight. We absolutely loved it and it was really easy!!
Delicious! So easy to make. Thank you!!!
This was a big hit! Thank you! So easy to make too!
Can these left overs be frozen?
Absolutely Gaetana! Great to pull out on those busy days… Happy Crocking! 🙂
How many people will this serve?
Hi Linda .. Thanks for the question! All of the serving sizes for my recipes are in the upper right hand corner of each page, but happy to share that this recipes serves “8”! 🙂
Saw this recipe this morning; just shredded the pork! I, of course, tasted it and it was not only delicious, but so easy! I almost always have everything in the house to make this. Thank you!
Do you use white or red onions? Also have tried seasoning the pork before putting it in the pot?
Hi Stacy, I would use what you have on hand for the onions… I don’t believe it will make a difference. 🙂
Hey i just bought a Ninja oven love it will this work in it too it is everything built into one appliance?
Rick I would check the manual that comes with this unit, as I am not familiar with this very nice appliance! Let us know, as I am sure others will have the same question! Sorry I am no help on this one! 🙁
Pasted from Ninja oven review.
• Use as a mini-oven during hot seasons to avoid heating up kitchen, much like a stand-alone roaster or crockpot.
• Can brown foods in the same base pot as roasting, baking, or slow-cooking, thus saving cleaning time.
• Browning meats and poultry will naturally reduce cooking time, so keep this in mind when converting your favorite recipes to this unit.
I’m making this tonight! Im so excited!
I made this today using the boneless country ribs. 4.5 lb in my 6 quart slow cooker.I Used Sweet Baby Rays sauce. My husband and I LOVED it. He had his on Di Camillos Italian bread. I used a soft roll. I’m so glad there’s leftovers.
Hi Crock Pot Girl !. I want to make this for 4 adults and 1 8 yr. old how much of all do i use in the recipe?. I am anxious to make this’ !!. I have never made it before. Looking forward to hearing from you’ !. Thanks’ !!….:-)
hi I have a pork loin I would like to put in a crock pot but don’t know what to use.
Barbara check out my website at GetCrocked.com and in the upper right hand corner of each page you will see a search are to type in the key words you are looking for, such as; pork loin, and several recipes will come up for you. Thanks for the question, and happy crocking!