Cooking Time:2-3 hours
Ingredients1/3 c. Unsalted Butter
1/2 c. Sugar
2 eggs, at room temperature
1 3/4 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
3 Ripe bananas, mashed
Optional Mix-ins: 1/2 c. each of Chocolate Chips, Raisins or Walnuts
Slow Cooker Banana Bread is so easy to make and a great way to use up those ripe bananas. (the riper the better! Don’t throw those brown bananas away; put them in the freezer if you don’t have time to use them right away, and make your banana bread later.) YUM!
- Using a stand mixer on medium-high, cream the butter and sugar together until light in color.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Continue mixing on medium speed and slowly add the dry ingredients.
- Add mashed ripe bananas and fold into the batter.
- Stir in any mix-ins, if desired.
- There are two options for this recipe: Use a greased loaf pan that fits in your slow cooker. If using this option, pour 1 c. of water in the bottom of the slow cooker and place the bread pan in the water. (this will prevent burning) – OR – Grease a round slow cooker insert with butter and bake bread directly in the insert.
- Pour batter in desired pan.
- Cover the slow cooker with a paper towel. This will collect condensation and prevent it from getting your bread soggy.
- Cover. Cook on High for 2 to 3 hours (or until bread is done).