Cooking Time:8 hours on Low or 4-5 hours on High
Ingredients15 oz. can of Tomato Soup
10 3/4 oz. can of French Onion Soup
14.5 oz. can of Stewed Tomatoes
14.5 oz. can of Diced Tomatoes
1 lb. of Chicken or Turkey sausage, browned
2 Green Peppers, seeded and chopped
1 Small Yellow Onion, diced
2 tsp. Minced Garlic
2 tsp. of Johnny's Seasoned Salt
4 c. of Chicken Stock or Broth
3 c. of cooked rice or quinoa
1/4 c. Chopped Cilantro
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brown the sausage and crumble. Set aside on a paper towel-lined plate to absorb grease.
- Grease a 6-quart slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Combine tomato soup, French onion soup, tomatoes, onion, garlic and seasoned salt in the slow cooker.
- Stir in green peppers and cooked sausage.
- Pour in Chicken broth or stock
- Cover. Cook on Low for 4 hours.
- At the end of this cook time, stir in cooked rice.
- Serve immediately, garnished with Cilantro.
NOTE: For soup like consistency, add more chicken broth when adding the rice. For thicker like consistency take the lid off and turn to High the last 30 – 45 minutes of cook time.
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!
I really love this website….and I found you on facebook. I just purchased a Crock Pot…and I am really wanting to start using for me and my husband’s recipes. However, my husband arent allowed to eat anything High in Protein. So, instead of using the Turkey Sausage, Can I use Portabella Mushrooms with this??? If so, how should I prepare it…and how long does it take to cook Portabella Mushrooms in a crock Pot?? Thank you so much. Moya Tampa, FL
Welcome to the crock pot world! I have not tried these recipes with portabella mushrooms, but the fun of Crock Pot Cooking is experimenting… When you make it, please post back and let us know how it turned out. I would think the mushrooms would be really good, and should cook as long as the recipe calls for so everything else gets done as well. You can always test it early to see what you think. Happy Crocking!