Cooking Time:8 hours on Low or 4-5 hours on High
Ingredients15 oz. can of Tomato Soup
10 3/4 oz. can of French Onion Soup
14.5 oz. can of Stewed Tomatoes
14.5 oz. can of Diced Tomatoes
1 lb. of Chicken or Turkey sausage, browned
2 Green Peppers, seeded and chopped
1 Small Yellow Onion, diced
2 tsp. Minced Garlic
2 tsp. of Johnny's Seasoned Salt
4 c. of Chicken Stock or Broth
3 c. of cooked rice or quinoa
1/4 c. Chopped Cilantro
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brown the sausage and crumble. Set aside on a paper towel-lined plate to absorb grease.
- Grease a 6-quart slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Combine tomato soup, French onion soup, tomatoes, onion, garlic and seasoned salt in the slow cooker.
- Stir in green peppers and cooked sausage.
- Pour in Chicken broth or stock
- Cover. Cook on Low for 4 hours.
- At the end of this cook time, stir in cooked rice.
- Serve immediately, garnished with Cilantro.
NOTE: For soup like consistency, add more chicken broth when adding the rice. For thicker like consistency take the lid off and turn to High the last 30 — 45 minutes of cook time.