Cooking Time:4-5 hours
Ingredients2 lbs. lean ground beef
1 (1 oz.) envelope dry onion soup mix
1/2 c. Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 c. milk
1/4 c. all-purpose flour
2 T. vegetable oil
2 (10 3/4 oz.) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
4 oz. mushrooms, canned (optional)
1 (1 oz.) packet dry au jus mix
3/4 c. water
- Mix together the ground beef, onion soup mix, bread crumbs, and milk using your hands. Shape into 8 patties.
- Heat the oil in a over medium-high heat. Dredge the patties in flour just to coat, and quickly brown on both sides in the hot skillet.
- Transfer the browned patties into the slow cooker stacking alternately like a pyramid.
- Mix together the cream of chicken soup, au jus mix, mushrooms and water. Pour over the meat.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 4 or 5 hours, until ground beef is well done.
NOTE: Also great served over egg noodles!