Cooking Time:1 hours on High and 6–8 hours on Low
IngredientsTurkey broth, from turkey carcass
2–3 carrots, sliced
2 celery ribs
1 onion, medium
1 c. chicken broth, approximately
1/4 tsp. onion powder, approximately
1/2 tsp. parsley, approximately
1/2 tsp. garlic approximately
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 c. butter, optional
few bay leaves
16 oz. egg noodles, noodles of your choice
Today we are sharing a recipe from Facebook Friend Kelly B. who uses here leftover Turkey to make soup. Sounds YUMMY! Kelly did not share the exact measurements for ingredients, so pretty much on how you like your soup to taste is how you should season it! To get the nutrician facts, I used what I thought she might use to make her soup??
- Boil Turkey carcass, once it is all falling apart, strain the water into your crock.
- Add veggies of your choice, (Kelly likes carrots, celery and onion). (Boil carrots in microwave for 5 minutes before adding to the slow cooker. This will help them cook while in the soup.)
- Add additional chicken broth or water/bullion to make it soupy. Butter is optional!
- Cut up the turkey leftovers from your carcass, add as much or little as you want.
- If you want to skip this and just use leftovers, that works fine too.
- Season to taste with onion powder, parsley, garlic, salt, pepper and a few bay leaves.
- Cover. Cook for several hours until veggies are soft. Suggest checking after 6 hours!
- Add egg noodles (noodles of your choice) and cook an additional 30–45 minutes until noodles are tender and enjoy.
- Remove bay leaves before serving.
Provided by Kelly B. via facebook.com