Cooking Time:6-8 hours
Ingredients1/2 T. olive oil
1 large yellow onion, chopped
3 c. baby carrots, cut into bite size pieces
12 baby white potatoes, quartered
2 cans or 3 c. cannellini beans, drained & rinsed
4 c. vegetable broth
2 bay leaves
1/2 c. white grape juice (or white wine)
1/4 c. tamari
2 tsp. dried thyme
5 oz. fresh spinach
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat, adding onion.
- Cover. Cook for 5 minutes to soften.
- Transfer onions to slow cooker. Add everything else EXCEPT spinach.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6–8 hours.
- About 10 minutes before serving, bring pot of water to boil. Add spinach and cook until soft. Drain and chop. Add to slow cooker.
- Optional: Salt and pepper to taste.
NOTE: You may also blend part or all the the soup for a creamier texture.