Cooking Time:8 hours on warm and 6-8 hours on high
Ingredients1 pkg. dried organic garbanzo beans
4 c. chicken broth, or vegetable broth
Juice from one lemon
2 cloves of garlic, pressed
Few sprigs of Rosemary
Few drizzles of Olive Oil
This recipe was actually shared by J.M.L., a facebook friend. J.M.L. said everyone thought it was even better the next day, so Slow Cooker Hummus would be a great recipe to make ahead when you are entertaining guests. Thanks for sharing, J.M.L.!
- Rince the garbanzo beans.
- Combine dried organic garbanzo beans, chicken broth (or vegetable), and put on warm all night.
- In the morning add more WARM water (not to crack the pot) and increase to high heat.
- As the beans plump and soften, add the lemon juice and garlic.
- Blend everything with an immersion blender, adding water as needed for consistency. (If you don’t have an immersion/hand blender, you can use a regular blender then return everything to the crock.)
- Let it sit on Low adding a few sprigs of Rosemary and a few drizzles of Olive Oil.
- It will be fine in the crock pot most of the day.
Serve with Pretzel Thins, Tortillas, carrot sticks, or what ever you like with hummus.
Optional: Sprinkle with Paprika for serving
Provided by J. M. L. at www.facebook.com/crockpotgirl