Cooking Time:6-8 Hours
Ingredients2 Whole Pheasants or 4 Breasted Pheasants (Just the breasts with the center bone)
> Most Wisconsin, Minnesota and Iowa Hunters breast their Pheasants
1 (any) oz. can of sauerkraut
1 Medium Onion
2 Granny Smith Apples
4 Strips of Thick ( Smoked if possible ) Bacon
2 Cups of White Wine or Chicken Stock
Salt & Pepper to taste
Recently in conversation I was talking with Mike K., and he told me about a great Pheasant Recipe he had, and he was kind enough to share with me! As you will see through the post this is an easy recipe to prepare, and sounds YUMMY! Thanks Mike for sharing! 🙂
- Clean Pheasant ( or breasts ) well. Check for Shot pellets if birds were wild.
- Pour entire can of Sauerkraut into bottom of slow cooker.
- Chop Onion & Apples into small chunks. Add on top of Sauerkraut.
- Add Wine or Chicken Stock.
- Place Pheasant in slow cooker breasts side up on top of Sauerkraut, Onion & Apple chunks. Salt & pepper Pheasant breasts to taste. ( Generously… )
- Cut bacon strips in half. Lay strips over the Breasts covering the entire breasts.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6-8 hours. The shorter the cooking time the higher the temperature setting.
- The meat will fall off the bone.
Serving Options: Serve 1/2 Breast on a bed of the Sauerkraut mix. Or, we Debone the Pheasant, add the meat to a Brat bun and add the Kraut as topping. Awesome!
Note: If slow cooker is Large, and there is room, I cut up a little Kielbassa (Thin disks) and add for additional flavor. I’m just saying… 🙂
Provided by Mike K., via facebook.com
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!