Cooking Time:1 1/2 — 2 hours
Ingredients5 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
2 T. lemon juice
1/2 c. flour
1/4 c. old fashioned oats
3/4 c. dark brown sugar, firmly packed
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. salt
1/2 c. butter, cold
3/4 c. pecans, toasted and chopped
Vanilla ice cream, if desired
Slow Cooker Apple Pecan Crisp is an easy and yummy dessert that my family loves. I’ll usually put this in the crock an hour or so before dinner and then it’s timed perfectly to have a relaxing dessert just after our meal has had a chance to settle. (and the dishes have been done!) If you don’t have granny smith apples, feel free to sub any kind you would like. Enjoy!
- Place peeled and cored apples in a lightly greased 6-quart crock pot. Drizzle the apples with lemon juice, and toss to coat.
- Combine flour and next 4 ingredients in a medium bowl. Cut butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender or two forks until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle half of the topping mixture over the apples, ensuring that each slice is covered, then top with the remaining mixture.
- Cover and Crock on High for 1–1/2 — 2 hours or until apples are tender.
- Let sit for 15 — 30 minutes to cool slightly. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Serve warm with ice cream.
Note: I have added the toasted pecans at the beginning with the apples and it was still quite enjoyable. If you like the crunch, add at the end!
Crock Pot Girl