Cooking Time:2-3 hours
Ingredients1 Onion (small – medium)
1 Green, Yellow, Red or Orange Pepper (Green Pepper's my favorite!)
1 Stalk of Celery
1 lb. Ground Beef
1 can Diced Tomatoes (small)
2 T. Chili Powder
2 Garlic Cloves
Salt & Pepper to taste
2 T. Ketchup
Season Salt to taste
1 c. Water
½ tsp. Sugar
This Slow Cooker Grandma Lucy’s Kentucky Spaghetti Sauce recipe is one that my husband’s Grandmother use to make, I just converted it for the slow cooker. Grandma Lucy was a very good cook! This is also a great topping on hot dogs and nachos.
- Brown diced onion, pepper and celery on stove until softened.
- Add Ground Beef (Hamburger) cook until meat is done.
- Transfer to slow cooker.
- Then add tomatoes, salt, pepper, Chile powder, ketchup, garlic, season salt and 1 cup of water.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 2-3 hours.
- Before serving stir in ½ teaspoon of sugar! (Note I sometimes add with step 4 so I don’t forget)
Serve over pasta of your choice, and a warm loaf of French Bread, and salad! Your meal is ready! Hope you love it as much as we do!
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!