Cooking Time:4 Hours on Low
Ingredients1lb. Ground Beef
1/2 Onion - diced
1 Green Bell Pepper - diced
3 small Tomatoes - chopped
1 Package Taco Seasoning
1 Cup Tomato Sauce
1/4 - 1/2lb. shredded Cheddar Cheese
Flour Tortillas - cut in quarters to fit each layer in crock..Last tortilla is trimmed to "Cap" last layer
Sour Cream for Garnish
If you love this recipe then click LIKE to vote for it in the CROCKSTAR of the YEAR contest!
Crockstar of the Year Recipe Name: Slow Cooker Layered Enchilada Casserole
Category: Main Dish
Submitted by: Gay S. of Ojai, CA
- In skillet, brown meat, onions and peppers.
- Add tomatoes and Taco Seasoning, stir to combine.
- Add 3/4 cup Tomato Sauce – turn heat off and stir.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup tomato sauce to bottom of crock.
- *Layer Tortilla pieces to cover completely.
- Layer Cheese to cover, layer meat mixture to cover – Pat down and repeat from * till crock is full – ending with the Tortilla “Cap” and then the last of the cheese and meat.
- Cover and Cook on Low for 4 hours.
For a complete meal, serve with Mexican Rice and/or Refried Beans
How come we can’t see how many likes this recipe has? It’s too wide for the screen and that bar on the left is cut off…
Hi Julie! That may be due to your computer display settings. You can adjust those or try a different browser such as Firefox or Google Chrome. Good luck!
when you put the screen to a smaller size like 75% it shows up
Shes right, this is the only recipe you cannot see the likes on
But when you lower it to a smaller size screen the likes show up
I’m gonna use either chicken or turkey, sounds great!
Can you use corn tortillas and it be as good? My husband is gluten free, but I would like to try it.
It should be just as good! Please post back and let us know how it turned out, and how he liked it. Happy Crocking Ursula!