Cooking Time:4 hours on High or 6-10 on Low
Ingredients12 oz package Pork Sausage (I used Johnsonville links and removed casing)
2 cans Sliced potatoes
1 can mushroom soup
1/2 of chopped onion or table spoon of onion powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
Shredded Cheddar cheese approx 1 1/2 cup
If you love this recipe then click LIKE to vote for it in the CROCKSTAR of the YEAR contest!
Crockstar of the Year Recipe Name: Slow Cooker Potato Sausage Casserole
Category: Main Dish
Submitted by: Pauline H.
- In Bowl: mix soup with 1/2 can of milk salt and pepper
- In skillet, saute the sausage in unoiled pan, cook til no pink left add onion and( garlic powder or fresh garlic) of desired.
- Chop sausage into crumbles
- Mix cooked sausage into soup mixture
- You can cook this in a slow cooker on high for 4 hours, or on low for 6-10 hours, or bake in Oven for 40 minutes on 350 in a casserole dish covered in Aluminum foil. Double the reciepe for a larger portion.
- In Ungreased slow cooker or casserole dish layer as follows (just like your making a Lasagna):
Sausage soup mixture
Repeat until all used up!
If you love this recipe, please click the Facebook LIKE button to the left to vote for it in the CROCKSTAR of the YEAR contest!
Just have to add that my husband is not fond of sausage and I am not a potatoe fan but this dinner is so very filling and yummy we both loved it! It is also very inexpensive to make too which is even better for those on a budget!!
I’m a sausage lover sounds delicious.
Much better made with fresh homegrown sausage and fresh home grown potatoes. Much less salt then the processed canned foods.
I really would prefer real ingredients, not canned!
Jocelyn, you can certainly use fresh ingredients to replace the canned items! Happy Crocking!
How long do you put in slow cooker if the potatoes are fresh?
Hi Adrienne, It really all depends, as some potatoes cook fast and others take a while. I would make this by slicing the fresh potatoes, and test it about one hour before it is ready to make sure it will get done. Hope this helps!