Cooking Time:6 hours on High or 8 hours on Low
Ingredients1 Bag of dry red kidney beans
2 boil in bag rice (cooked)
1 lbs Smoked Sausage
Any seasoning you want:
If you love this recipe then click LIKE to vote for it in the CROCKSTAR of the YEAR contest!
Crockstar of the Year Recipe Name: Crock Pot Red Kidney Beans & Rice
Category: Main Dish
Submitted by: Billie H. of Graham, TX
- Soak the kidney beans over night. Rinse and put in the crock pot to cook.
- Let the beans cook for about 7 hours on low (or 5 hours on high)
- Slice the sausage into bite size slices
- Add the sausage and cooked rice to the crock pot.
- Let all the ingredients cook together for an additional hour.
Ideally serve with cornbread!
After soaking and rinsing beans do you add water with them while they cook in the crockpot?
Hello Heather, since this is a CROCKSTAR recipe, I will follow up with the owner of the recipe, but I would agree with you that it should be in water. Once verified, I will update the recipe! Thanks again, and Happy Crocking!
This is what Billie (the recipe submitter) says: I put about 1 cup of water for ever cup of beans. The bag I used was a 1 pound bag so 2 cups of water were used. I am sorry for not adding that step. I guess I shouldn’t assume beans in a crock pot are easy!