Cooking Time:4-5 hours on LOW
Ingredients1 package of baby back pork ribs, cut into 4 (2 lbs.)
1 Granny Smith Apple, sliced
1 Gala apple, sliced
1 sweet vidalia onion, diced
1/2 cup apple cider
1/4 cup honey
1 bottle Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce
1 bottle chipotle raspberry bbq sauce
1/4 cup Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey Liqueur
Sweet/Spicy Rib Rub:
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp chipotle chile pepper
2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp Hungarian paprika
If you love this recipe for Slow Cooker Idaho Apple BBQ Ribs, click LIKE to vote for it in the CROCKER of the YEAR contest!
Crocker of the Year Recipe Name: Slow Cooker Idaho Apple BBQ Ribs
Category: Main Dish
Submitted by: Allison S. of Idaho
- Remove silverskin from ribs with a knife.
- Cut ribs into 4 equal pieces.
- Rub both sides of ribs generously with Sweet/Spicy Rib Rub mixture.
- Broil ribs until nicely carmelized.
- Mix BBQ sauces & honey together, set aside.
- Place sliced apples & diced onion in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add cider & liqueur.
- Place one portion of ribs, pour some sauce, repeat until all 4 portions are in the slow cooker & covered with sauce.
- Cover & Crock on low for 4-5 hours or until the meat starts falling off the bone. (Try not to remove the lid until the ribs are nearly done – “if you’re lookin’, you’re not cookin’. “)
- Enjoy with a nice cold hard cider and a big hunk of cornbread.
I am totally going to make this although I might tweak the ingredients a little. I may change out the sauces with what I have on hand and am going to use regular paprika and I think that will be ok. I will let you know how it turns out. Thanks for posting!
Am I correct in assuming that any ribs cooked in a crock pot will not have that bark/crust that cooking over open fire makes?
Never mind. I just saw the part of the recipe that required broiling.