Cooking Time:2-4 hours
Ingredients1/2 small yellow onion, peeled and finely diced
1 garlic clove, minced
4 oz. cheese, Gruyere, grated (1 cup)
8 oz. cheese, extra sharp cheddar , grated (2 cups)
1 T. cornstarch
1 tsp. dry mustard
1 tsp. caraway seeds
12 oz. beer
1/4 tsp. salt, kosher
1/4 tsp. black pepper, freshly ground
This Green Bay Packer Wisconsin Cheese Dip is the perfect game day recipe for Cheeseheads and football fans everywhere!
- Lightly grease a 2-quart slow cooker.
- Put the onion, garlic, and cheeses into your crock.
- Stir in the cornstarch and dry mustard.
- Crush the caraway seeds (you can crush them in a ziplock bag with a small mallet).
- Add them to the pot.
- Pour in the beer.
- Cover & Crock on Low for 2 – 4 hours, stirring every 30 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper before serving, adding more to taste if necessary.
Great served with soft pretzels, baguettes, bread cubes or crackers!
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!