Cooking Time:7–8 hours
Ingredients32 oz. frozen hash browns
1 lb. cooked lean ham, cubed
1 onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced (optional)
1 1/2 c. shredded cheese
1 c. skim milk
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper
Slow Cooker Ham and Egg Casserole is an easy meal to prep and put in the crock at night. Then let it cook away while you sleep and wake up to a fresh cooked breakfast in the morning!
- Coat a slow cooker well with non-stick baking spray or cooking oil.
- Make 2–3 layers with each of the ingredients (potatoes, ham, veggies and cheese) in the crock in the following order: hash brown potatoes, ham, onions, peppers (if using) and lastly, the cheese. (Note: I have made just one layer when I didn’t need so many servings! This will reduce cooking time though.)
- Beat the eggs, milk, salt and pepper and pour over the layers in the crock pot.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 7–8 hours or overnight.
- Serve warm, topped with scallions or your choice of garnish.