Cooking Time:6 hours on Low
Ingredients12 slices reduced-calorie bread, torn into medium-size pieces
3 1/2 c. apples - cored, peeled and chopped
1 c. no sugar added apple juice (100% real juice)
1/2 c. diet lemon-lime soda
Sugar substitute suitable for baking to equal 1/2 c. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. apple pie spice
Slow Cooker Apple Pie Bread Pudding is a delicious recipe and it will have your home smelling just like fall! I’ve altered this one to be a little healthier than the typical dessert; using sugar substitute and leaving out the butter. If calories are not a big deal to you, feel free to add 1-2 T of butter and serve with a little caramel sauce to kick up the yumminess.
- Spray slow cooker with butter-flavored nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine bread pieces and apples in slow cooker.
- Combine apple juice, soda, sugar substitute and apple pie spice.
- Drizzle evenly over bread mixture.
- Gently mix to combine.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6 hours, or until done.
- Mix well before serving.