Cooking Time:1 1/2 - 2 hours
Ingredients16 oz. vanilla bark coating
12 oz. white chocolate chips
6 oz. white chocolate, pkg. of baking squares
3 T. shortening
16 oz. pretzel twists, pkg. broken or chopped into smaller pieces
8 oz. animal crackers, pkg. broken or chopped into smaller pieces
3/4 c. coarsely crushed peppermint candy
1/2 tsp. of pure peppermint extract
Another Holiday favorite! Slow Cooker White Chocolate Peppermint Pretzel Candy! YUMMY!
- Combine vanilla bark, white chocolate chips, white chocolate baking squares and shortening in a 6-Quart slow cooker.
- Cover with a paper towel and then the lid.
- Cook on Low for 1.5 hours.
- Remove the lid and be sure to keep any water OUT of the slow cooker.
- Stir the mixture until smooth.
- Add the pretzels, animal crackers and peppermint candy. Stir well.
- Remove slow cooker insert from the base (careful, it may be hot!) and add the peppermint extract.
- Stir and mix well.
- Using a cookie scooper, scoop mixture in uniform sizes and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Cool at room temperature or in the refrigerator before eating.
For over 400 more recipes, click here to get my eBook “Get Crocked: The Definitive Guide to Slow Cooking”
I followed the recipe exactly and thankfully I checked the crock pot at 1.5 hours because the white chocolate around the outside edges had already started to scorch and burn! I was able to save it by scraping out the middle of the chocolate that was unburnt and moved it to another pan. But for people following the recipe, when you add all the chocolate and shortening (or oil) to the crock pot, stir it up well… put the crock pot on low for 30 minutes and check and stir… once white chocolate scorches it ruins it and will affect… Read more »