Cooking Time:5 hours with Prep Time
Ingredients6 lbs. pork, baby back ribs
2 cloves of garlic
1 pinch black pepper
1 pinch salt
1 pinch crushed red pepper
4 c. barbecue sauce
2 - 12 oz. bottles beer, room temperature
Slow Cooker AWESOME Ribs are truly AWESOME! They do take some work to prepare, but I promise you it will be worth it!
- Cut ribs into smaller portions of 2 or 3 bones each.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season water with a pinch each of salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper and cloves of garlic to the water. Boil ribs for 20 minutes in seasoned water.
- Drain the ribs, and let the ribs sit for about a half an hour.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
- Coat the ribs lightly with barbecue sauce.
- Grill the ribs over high heat for a 5 to 10 minutes on each side to get a nice grilled look to them.
- Place the grilled ribs in the slow cooker.
- Pour the remaining barbecue sauce and one bottle of beer over the ribs; this will cover at least half of the ribs.
- Cover. Cook on High for 3 hours.
- Check the ribs every hour or so, and add more beer if needed to dilute sauce.
- Stir to get the ribs on top into the sauce.
- The ribs are done when the meat is falling off the bone.
NOTE: These ribs were cooked completely in the first process, the rest is all about the flavor and the texture.