Cooking Time:5 hours with Prep Time
Ingredients6 lbs. pork, baby back ribs
2 cloves of garlic
1 pinch black pepper
1 pinch salt
1 pinch crushed red pepper
4 c. barbecue sauce
2 - 12 oz. bottles beer, room temperature
Slow Cooker AWESOME Ribs are truly AWESOME! They do take some work to prepare, but I promise you it will be worth it!
- Cut ribs into smaller portions of 2 or 3 bones each.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season water with a pinch each of salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper and cloves of garlic to the water. Boil ribs for 20 minutes in seasoned water.
- Drain the ribs, and let the ribs sit for about a half an hour.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
- Coat the ribs lightly with barbecue sauce.
- Grill the ribs over high heat for a 5 to 10 minutes on each side to get a nice grilled look to them.
- Place the grilled ribs in the slow cooker.
- Pour the remaining barbecue sauce and one bottle of beer over the ribs; this will cover at least half of the ribs.
- Cover. Cook on High for 3 hours.
- Check the ribs every hour or so, and add more beer if needed to dilute sauce.
- Stir to get the ribs on top into the sauce.
- The ribs are done when the meat is falling off the bone.
NOTE: These ribs were cooked completely in the first process, the rest is all about the flavor and the texture.
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!
Way too much work in my opinion. And not everyone has a “grill” either.