Cooking Time:6-9 hours
Ingredients2 to 3 lbs. stew beef or lean chuck, cut in cubes 1/2 c. flour 1/4 c. butter 1 medium onion, sliced 1 tsp. salt 1/8 tsp. pepper 1 clove garlic, minced 12 oz. beer 1/4 c. flour
Slow Cooker All Day Beef in Beer is not only delicious, it is great to make on those busy days when you can not be at home!
- Coat the beef cubes in the 1/2 cup flour.
- Brown the coated been in the skillet in butter. Drain off excess fat.
- Combine browned meat with onion, salt, pepper, garlic and beer in the slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6 to 9 hours, or until meat is tender.
- Turn to high. Dissolve remaining 1/4 cup flour in small amount of cold water. Stir into meat mixture, cook on high 30-40 minutes longer to thicken.
NOTE: Serve with rice and salad, and wonderful with some warm French bread.
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!
Do you have a recommended kind of beer for this recipe? Is a “real” beer better than a low-cal version?
Hi Marci! I don’t believe it would matter! A low-cal version should work just fine! Happy Crocking!
I made this tonight. It is delicious! The only way I ventured off-recipe is that I added a shot of spiced rum for sweetness. It was all very good, meat was tender and it went well with mashed potatoes and some bread. I will be making this again! NOTE: I used Bud Select (low-cal) and had no trouble with flavor or consistency.