Cooking Time:6–9 hours
Ingredients2 to 3 lbs. stew beef or lean chuck, cut in cubes
1/2 c. flour
1/4 c. butter
1 medium onion, sliced
1 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
12 oz. beer
1/4 c. flour
Slow Cooker All Day Beef in Beer is not only delicious, it is great to make on those busy days when you can not be at home!
- Coat the beef cubes in the 1/2 cup flour.
- Brown the coated been in the skillet in butter. Drain off excess fat.
- Combine browned meat with onion, salt, pepper, garlic and beer in the slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6 to 9 hours, or until meat is tender.
- Turn to high. Dissolve remaining 1/4 cup flour in small amount of cold water. Stir into meat mixture, cook on high 30–40 minutes longer to thicken.
NOTE: Serve with rice and salad, and wonderful with some warm French bread.