Cooking Time:3-4 hours
Ingredients4 - 6 (6 1/2 oz.) cans minced clams with juice
1/2 lb. salt pork or bacon, diced
1 Medium Yellow Onion, minced
1 Stalk of Celery, chopped
1 tsp. Minced Garlic
6 Medium Russet Potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1-inch cubes
1 c. Water
2 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. White Pepper
4 c. Half & Half
3 T. cornstarch
chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
Slow Cooker Clam Chowder is so good, and a favorite for my guests, as there is never a drop left!
- Drain clams and reserve juice. Cover clams and refrigerate.
- Saute pork in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Spoon most of the grease from the skillet.
- After one minute, add onions. Cook for 3 minutes and then add reserved juice from the clams.
- Cook for 5 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Pour cooked pork, onions and clam juice into a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Add all remaining ingredients, except clams, half & half, cornstarch, and parsley.
- Cover. Cook on High for 4 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir corn starch into the half & half and add to the slow cooker .
- Stir in clams.
- Cover and cook for one additional hour on LOW.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with warm bread or in a bread bowl.
NOTE: If you prefer a creamier chowder, use a hand-held immersion blender to gently puree ingredients after cooking.
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!
This looks wonderful and I’m definitely going to make this !!
But I have a ?…. When you cook the pork, do you cook it completely before adding the onions? It also says to wait a minute after removing grease? Is there a reason or am I reading it wrong?
I plan on using bacon…. I usually cook my bacon to a crisp?
Yasha it is basically to let the remaining grease cool for just a minute before adding the onions. Then back on your stove as stated to cook for the a few minutes. Enjoy and Happy Crocking!