Cooking Time:7–8 hours
Ingredients1 Small White Onion, diced
1 1/2 lbs 85% Lean Ground Beef
6 Medium Potatoes, peeled and sliced
16 oz. Can of Red Beans, drained
14.5 oz. Diced Tomatoes + 2 T. flour
salt and pepper, to taste
garlic powder, to taste
Slow Cooker Cowboy Casserole is not only EASY it is also budget friendly and kid friendly!
- Brown ground beef and onion together in a skillet over medium heat. Season with salt & pepper and cook just until no longer pink. Drain grease.
- Place potatoes in the bottom of a 4 or 5-Quart slow cooker.
- Layer browned ground beef & onions and top with beans.
- Combine diced tomatoes with flour in a small bowl and pour over top beans
- Add more salt, pepper and garlic powder, if desired.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 7 to 8 hours.