Cooking Time:7-8 hours
Ingredients1 Small White Onion, diced
1 1/2 lbs 85% Lean Ground Beef
6 Medium Potatoes, peeled and sliced
16 oz. Can of Red Beans, drained
14.5 oz. Diced Tomatoes + 2 T. flour
salt and pepper, to taste
garlic powder, to taste
Slow Cooker Cowboy Casserole is not only EASY it is also budget friendly and kid friendly!
- Brown ground beef and onion together in a skillet over medium heat. Season with salt & pepper and cook just until no longer pink. Drain grease.
- Place potatoes in the bottom of a 4 or 5-Quart slow cooker.
- Layer browned ground beef & onions and top with beans.
- Combine diced tomatoes with flour in a small bowl and pour over top beans
- Add more salt, pepper and garlic powder, if desired.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 7 to 8 hours.
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!
What’s usually the rule of thumb for adjusting cooking times and temps (and more specifically, how long to cook on High or Med-High)?
If you are speaking of the Cowboy Casserole, and you want to cook on High, I would check it at about 3 1/2 to 4 hours. Usually it takes about one-half the time when cooking on High instead of Low for most recipes. Hope this helps and Happy Crocking!