Cooking Time:4–6 hours on Low or 2–3 hours on High or until pears are tender
Ingredients4 Pears, peeled
2 c. water
1/4 c. sugar
1/8 c. light brown sugar
12 oz. pear nectar (1 can)
1 c. tequila
1 lime, juice and grated peel
vanilla ice cream, optional
This is an easy and decadent desert that you will enjoy serving to family and guests!
- In a 4 quart slow cooker, place your pears.
- Combine water, sugars, nectar, tequila, lime juice and lime peel in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring often.
- After boiling for 1 minute, pour over pears. (Sugar, juice and alcohol helps the fruit to maintain its shape and will become very flavorful.)
- Cover. Cook on Low for 4–6 hours, or on High for 2–3 hours, or until the pears are tender. (Reminder each slow cooker crocks differently.)
SERVE warm with drizzled syrup from crock and a scoop of vanilla ice cream, if desired! YUM!