Cooking Time:6-8 hours on Low, 4-6 hours on High
Ingredients1 lb. turkey, ground or 1 lb. smoked sausage, cut into rounds
1 onion, medium, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
2 T. Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp. thyme
2 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. salt
28 oz. tomatoes, diced or crushed, canned
6 c. cabbage, coarsly shredded
1/2 c. rice, brown, uncooked
Cheese, Parmesan (optional)
Slow Cooker Cabbage Roll Casserole is a great recipe for New Years day, as Cabbage brings money into the New Year!
- Brown turkey or sausage in skillet and add onion, green pepper, Worcestershire, thyme, garlic, and salt.
- Cook and stir for a few minutes until well mixed and warm throughout.
- Stir in tomatoes and uncooked rice and heat until bubbling.
- Scatter cabbage on bottom of the slow cooker and transfer the meat mixture over the top of the cabbage.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6 – 8 hours or High for 4 – 6 hours.
- Top with Parmesan cheese just before serving!
For over 400 more recipes, click here to get my eBook “Get Crocked: The Definitive Guide to Slow Cooking”
Taste like my mom’s galumpkies!! Big hit and easy to make.