Cooking Time:6–7 hours
Ingredients1 T. canola oil
2 lbs. pork loin roast, boneless, cut into 1-inch cubes
29 oz. enchilada sauce, canned
31 oz. white hominy, drained, canned
1 onion, sliced, medium
4 oz. green chilies, diced
4 garlic, cloves, minced
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper, or to taste
2 tsp. oregano, dried
1/4 c. cilantro, chopped
1/2 tsp. salt
To enjoy Traditional Mexican Posole, you will want to make this Slow Cooker Posole! Some enjoy for the New Years Day!
- Heat the oil in a skillet on high. Add the pork; cook and stir just until meat is browned on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Put the meat in a 4 quart slow cooker.
- Pour the enchilada sauce over the meat. Top with hominy, onion, chilies, garlic, cayenne pepper, and oregano.
- Add enough water to fill the slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on High for 6 to 7 hours.
- After above cooking add the cilantro and salt.
- Cover. Cook on Low for an additional 30 minutes.
NOTE: Garnish with shredded cabbage, lime wedges, avocado slices, and chopped cilantro, and of course warm tortillas!