Cooking Time:6-8 hours
Ingredients1 lb. sausage, Italian, casings removed
1 lb. sausage, hot Italian, casings removed
1/2 lb. beeef, ground
1 onion, large, finely diced
1/4 c. garlic, minced
4 - 14.5 oz. tomatoes, diced, canned
2 - 6 oz. tomato paste, canned
2 - 14 oz.tomato sauce, canned
1/2 c. chicken broth
1/2 c. Cabernet Sauvignon, (or another dry red wine)
1 T. seasoning, dried Italian herb
1/2 c. basil, fresh, chopped
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper, black, ground
Slow Cooker Meaty Tomato Sauce is great to make ahead of time, for your favorite Spaghetti, Lasagna or any Italian dish!
- In a skillet over medium heat, stir in Italian sausage, ground beef, onion, and garlic.
- Cook and stir until the meat is no longer pink and is crumbly and evenly browned, approximately 15 minutes.
- Mash and blend the meat mixture every few minutes. Drain and discard any excess grease.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, chicken broth, red wine, Italian seasoning, basil, salt, and black pepper.
- Transfer the sauce to a slow cooker and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours