Cooking Time:4-6 hours on High
Ingredients1 3/4 c. Bread Flour
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/3 c. Butter, softened
2/3 c. Sugar
3 Medium, Very Ride Bananas, mashed
1/2 c. Walnuts, chopped (or nuts of your choice)
Slow Cooker Banana Nut Bread is great for Breakfast or served with afternoon snack or Dessert.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Cream the butter and sugar together with a mixer on medium speed. Add eggs and mix well.
- Continue mixing on medium speed, adding in the mashed banana.
- Reduce speed to medium low and gradually add in flour mixture. Mix just until combined (do not overmix!)
- Fold in the walnuts (although optional).
- Place into a greased and floured bread pan
- Place on a rack in an oval slow cooker. (If you don’t have a rack, crumple up foil and place on bottom of slow cooker.)
- Place a paper towel over the slow cooker and cover with the lid. (this will absorb steam so it doesn’t drip on the bread!)
- Cook on High for 4 to 6 hours.
- Cool for 10 minutes on a rack. Serve Warm!
For over 400 more recipes, click here to get my eBook “Get Crocked: The Definitive Guide to Slow Cooking”
I wonder if you could use butter or coconut oil instead of the shortening? I don’t use hydrogenated oils.
Denise, I have used coconut oil before, and it was very good! Happy Crocking!
On the nutritional info, is that 440 calories per slice?
I just re-checked the nutrition facts and did lower it some, as I had used the wrong serving size. I should have used 8 slices of the banana bread, you could lower the calorie count by using Stevia instead of the sugar. Hope this helps, and Happy Crocking!