Cooking Time:6 — 8 hours
Ingredients1 c. Firm Tofu, cubed
1 c. Shittake Mushrooms
14 oz. Canned Bamboo Shoots, sliced
2 Carrots, julienned
2 Green Onions, sliced
32 oz. Vegetable Broth
1/4 c. Rice Vinegar
1/4 c. Soy Sauce or Coconut Aminos
2 T. Minced Ginger (fresh)
1 T. Minced Garlic
1 T. Hot Sweet Chili Sauce
salt & white pepper, to taste
3 T. cornstarch
1/4 c. cold water
Slow Cooker Hot and Sour Soup is a great starter for many of our Chinese slow cooker meals that I have on the website! So so good!
- Place all ingredients except tofu, water and cornstarch in a 5-Quart Slow Cooker.
- Cover. Cook for 6 hours on Low.
- Ina small bowl, combine cornstarch and water to dissolve. Add to slow cooker.
- Stir tofu into soup.
- Cover and cook for 30 additional minutes on Low.
- Serve in individual bowls topped with french fried onions.