Cooking Time:4-6 hours
Ingredients1 lb. Round Steak, cut into 1.5-inch cubes
.75 oz. Dry French Onion Soup Mix (1/2 packet)
3 c. Hot Water
3 c. Vegetable Broth
2 Carrots, peeled & shredded
1 Stalk of Celery, chopped
1 Tomato, diced
1 c. Biscuit Mix
6 T. Milk
1 T. Dried Parsley
Slow Cooker Dumpling Soup is wonderful and so delicious! You will love this HEALTHY soup!
- Place steak in slow cooker and sprinkle steak with dry onion soup mix.
- Turn slow cooker on Low.
- Pour hot water over steak.
- Stir in carrots, celery and tomato.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 4-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Turn slow cooker up to High.
- In a separate bowl, combine biscuit mix with parsley. Stir in milk with fork until mixture is moistened.
- Drop by dumpling mixture by a teaspoon into slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on High for about 30 additional minutes.
OPTIONAL: You can omit steak and make this recipe vegetarian!
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!
Im not a red meat fan, would chicken work? Id want to avoid a “chicken noodle soup” with dumplings though…hmm.
Danielle that is the fun of cooking and crocking is that you can change things up the way you like them! Chicken will work too! Happy Crocking!