Cooking Time:5 hours
Ingredients3 c. Water or Broth
1 c. Dried Red Kidney Beans (soak overnight)
1 Onion, chopped
1 Green Pepper, chopped
3 Stalks Celery, chopped
3/4 tsp. Tthyme
1 tsp. Smoked Paprika
3/4 tsp. Ground Red Pepper
1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
1lb. Andouille Sausage
1 Bay Leaf
5 Cloves Garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. Salt
3 c. Cooked White Rice
1/4 c. Chopped Green Onions
Slow Cooker Red Beans and Rice are asked for by many of our followers, and this recipe is definitely a keeper and so YUMMY!
- Rinse and sort beans. Cover with water and soak overnight.
- Drain beans and add to a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients except rice and green onion.
- Cover. Cook on High for 5-6 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Discard bay leaf and serve beans over rice. Garnish with green onion.
For over 400 more recipes, click here to get my eBook “Get Crocked: The Definitive Guide to Slow Cooking”
does this really have over 1000 calories per serving? It sounds very tasty, but not at that calorie level.
Shella thank you for the question, as it was incorrect. I will tell you the over 500 of the calories come from the rice. I have corrected the recipe. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Happy Crocking!
Over 500 calories in one serving of rice?