Cooking Time:2 - 3 hours on High, or 3 - 4 hours on Low
Ingredients1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
14 oz. cream of coconut, canned, divided (found in alcohol aislel)
16 oz. pineapple, crushed, canned, drained of juice (reserve the juice)
2 T. canola or vegetable oil
1 c. coconut, shredded, divided
1 c. coconut milk (or evaporated milk)
Vanilla ice cream
Since I love Pina Colada’s, I am not surprised that when I found this recipe for Slow Cooker Pina Colada Lava Cake that I just had to make it! You’ll see when you make it too! Toasted Coconut makes this recipe!
- Place the drained pineapple into the bottom of the slow cooker and spreading over the bottom.
- Mix vanilla, flour, baking powder, 1/3 cup of the cream of coconut, 2/3 cup of the reserved pineapple juice, 1/2 cup of the shredded coconut and oil in a medium bowl. Stirring together until mixed well. Spread batter on top of the pineapple.
- Stir together 1 cup of coconut milk and cream of coconut and bring to a boil.
- Pour the boiling liquid on top of the batter DO NOT STIR.
- Cover. Cook for 2–3 hours on High or 3 — 4 hours on Low.
- Place the remaining coconut on a cookie sheet. Toasting the coconut in the oven on broil for a couple of minutes.
- Scoop down deep to get the cake, pineapple and sauce into your serving bowls.
Serve topped with vanilla ice cream and toasted coconut.
Nutrition facts includes Vanilla Ice Cream!