Cooking Time:6 — 10 hours
Ingredients1 onion, yellow, large, sliced into thin rings
3 lb. roast, chuck, boneless beef, trimmed
29 oz. tomatoes, chili seasoned, diced canned
14 oz. beef broth, canned
1 c. cold coffee
4 oz. green chiles, dieced, canned
2 jalapeno peppers, sliced (optional)
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. cumin, ground
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper, black, ground
Slow Cooker “No Fuss” Shredded Chuck Roast is great and the longer it cooks the better it gets! The coffee adds a hint of smokiness and assists with tenderizing the meat as it crocks! NOTE: You can follow this recipe and use your favorite cut of meat — beef or pork!
- Layer half the onion rings into the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Place chuck roast on top of onions.
- Pour diced tomatoes, beef broth, and coffee into the cooker over the roast.
- Stir in diced green chiles, jalapeno peppers, garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt, and black pepper.
- Spread remaining onion rings over the top.
- Cover. Cook on Low until beef is very tender, 6 to 10 hours.
- Remove chuck roast to a bowl and shred meat with two forks.
- Return meat to sauce.
- Remove onions.
Serve the onions with the meat…and warm tortillas and your favorite toppings!