Cooking Time:8-9 hours on Low or 5-6 hours on High
Ingredients2 1/2 lbs. beef chuck, boneless, shoulder
2 c. onion, chopped
14.5 oz. tomatoes, with green peppers and onions, diced, undrained
1 c. potatoes, frozen, hash brown O'Brien cubes
1 c. carrots, diced
1 c. beef broth
1 T. garlic, minced
4 oz. mushrooms
1 tsp. thyme leaves, dried
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 c. slaw, broccoli
1/2 c. peas, frozen
Pot Roast Slow Cooker Soup is just another way for a great Pot Roast, and one your family or friends will enjoy!
- Cut beef shoulder into 12 equal pieces.
- Place in 5–6 quart slow cooker.
- Add onions, tomatoes, potatoes, carrots, broth, garlic, mushrooms, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Cover. Cook for 8–9 hours on Low or 5–6 hours on High, or until beef is fork-tender.
- Stir in broccoli slaw; cover, crock for 30 minutes or until broccoli slaw is crisp-tender.
- Turn off slow cooker.
- Stir in frozen peas; let stand, covered, 5–10 minutes.
OPTIONAL: If you like yours a little more soupy, like I do, you can add more broth, and or a beef bouillon diluted in water.