Cooking Time:8-9 hours on Low or 5-6 hours on High
Ingredients2 1/2 lbs. beef chuck, boneless, shoulder
2 c. onion, chopped
14.5 oz. tomatoes, with green peppers and onions, diced, undrained
1 c. potatoes, frozen, hash brown O'Brien cubes
1 c. carrots, diced
1 c. beef broth
1 T. garlic, minced
4 oz. mushrooms
1 tsp. thyme leaves, dried
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 c. slaw, broccoli
1/2 c. peas, frozen
Pot Roast Slow Cooker Soup is just another way for a great Pot Roast, and one your family or friends will enjoy!
- Cut beef shoulder into 12 equal pieces.
- Place in 5-6 quart slow cooker.
- Add onions, tomatoes, potatoes, carrots, broth, garlic, mushrooms, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Cover. Cook for 8-9 hours on Low or 5-6 hours on High, or until beef is fork-tender.
- Stir in broccoli slaw; cover, crock for 30 minutes or until broccoli slaw is crisp-tender.
- Turn off slow cooker.
- Stir in frozen peas; let stand, covered, 5-10 minutes.
OPTIONAL: If you like yours a little more soupy, like I do, you can add more broth, and or a beef bouillon diluted in water.
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!
I am so ready to get crocking!! This sounds like a good soup that we will enjoy! Thanks!! Pinning it!!
I am confused about the potatoes, what are hash brown cubes? tatet tots?? please advise would love to try this.
Maureen te cubed potato is sometimes call O’brien potatoes, tater tots are like small nuggets. Depending on where you live you usually can find them in your frozen food department. Hope this helps!