Cooking Time:7-8 hours
Ingredients8 potatoes, medium, peeled and cut into thick (about 1/2-inch) slices
3 carrots, medium, thinly sliced
2 ribs of celery, thinly sliced
3 lb. corned beef brisket
2 lbs. cabbage
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 1/2 c. water
Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage is an excellent dish to celebrate St. Paddy’s Day or any time! Great for sandwiches too!
- Butter or spray a 5 to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Layer potato slices over bottom of pot with carrots.
- Place corned beef on top of the vegetables.
- Slice cabbage into 8 wedges and arrange around meat.
- Sprinkle with the pepper and add water.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 7 to 8 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Place meat on a platter; cover with foil and rest for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.
For over 450 more Slow Cooker recipes, click here to get my eBook!
If the beef brisket comes with the spice packet, do you use it in this recipe?
Delicious! It was too many veggies to fit in my 6-quart actually, so I just filled it to the brim. Came out perfect. I did use the spice packet that came with the beef.
Rinse the cornbeef well, with cold water and then let it soak 1/2 hour in cold water. Rinse again. Helps remove salt.
There is no place to print the recipe for the corn beef and cabbage recipe? Am I overlooking it?